The capital city of Oman, Muscat, sits on the Gulf of Oman, surrounded by deserts and mountain.
The best part about Muscat is friendly people and laid-back lifestyle.
The pleasant weather makes November to March, the best time to visit Muscat.
PLACES TO VISIT:
- THE OLD QUARTER: One of the most favored stops on the Muscat bus tour, Old Quarter, is known for its two huge 16th century forts.
- THE MANGROVE LAGOON: This is one of the most beautiful spots on coastline. Spot birds in canopy, fish, crabs and what not, sheltering in water.
- MUTRAH CORNICHE: Corniche stretches for about three kilometers along the waterfront, and is filled with restaurants, cafes, gardens and fountains.
- AL SHATTI BEACH: Don’t miss the city's most lively beach. Lounge under the shade of trees, hang out with the Muscat's resident, take a drink and enjoy relaxing.
- MUTRAH SOUQ: Visit the souq, go inside small valleys, and explore the traditional Arab market.
- SULTAN QABOOS GRAND MOSQUE: The main mosque in the Sultanate of Oman is a gift of modern Islamic architecture to the nation.
- QURUM BEACH AND NATURAL PARK: Situated near the airport, it’s a family friendly location, to chill and relax.
- ROYAL OPERA HOUSE: This Opera house is a home for some of the finest musicians. This building is by far one of city's most beautiful buildings.
- MUSCAT FESTIVAL: This famous festival of Oman is unique and exhibits cultural celebration every year. Takes place during January and February.
WHERE TO STAY:
- HOTEL IBIS MUSCAT: A 3-star hotel, offers relaxed rooms, restaurant with terrace, along with a gym.
- GRAND MILLENNIUM: Located at heart of Muscat, this 5 star hotel features rich cultural heritage of Oman.
- BEST WESTERN PREMIER MUSCAT: 16 minute drive from Qurum beach, leads to this hotel offering classic rooms, restaurant and pool.
- WAVES INTERNATIONAL HOTEL: Offers A/C rooms and 24 hours front desk.