A tourist should try to be less about touring around the desired destination and more about exploring the unexplored. The Arab countries which are usually famous for their oil reserves have much more to offer its visitors.
Oman with Muscat as its capital, is one of the Arab countries which is making it to every traveller's "Places to Explore" list. The country has always been famous for its rich culture and heritage. The place still doesn't cease to amaze its visitors in one or the other way.
Wanderlust Instigating Sites:
For The History Lovers:
1. Jabrin Fort: The fort displays the rich history of Oman in a beautiful and magnificent manner. Jabrin Fort built back in 1670 by Saif Al Ya'arubi still manages to be one of the most attractive places to visit in Oman.
2. Misfat al Abreyeen: This mountainous village is an amazing place to explore and understand the human history in a broader sense. The place is actually the journey of humans from an uncivilized to a civilized society.
For The Architectural Epitomes:
1. Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque: This mosque is a mesmerizing example of architectural skills at its best. The major attractions of the mosque include the chandelier weighing approximately 8.5 tonnes, consisting of 1,122 halogen bulbs and 6,00,000 crystals while it is the prayer carpet which took a whopping 4 years to be produced.
For The Adventurous:
1. Safari Wahiba Sands and Wadi Bani Khalid: A safari around the deserts of Oman is actually one of the great ways to trigger an adrenaline rush in the adventure lovers.
1. Millennium Resort Mussanah: The hotel is undoubtedly one of the most pocket friendly hotels in the city and aims to provide the great combination of best services and least prices.
2. Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa - Al Bandar Hotel: Although the hotel might cost you more than other hotels in the city but it is known for providing the best value for money.